Numerical Methods V
Course SummaryThis is a course on the basics of numerical methods and how they are used to solve scientific and engineering problems. It is accompanied by a comprehensive set of video lectures, presentation slides, textbook notes, worksheets and application examples. The lectures are in short segments of less than 10 minutes. Part V covers regression analysis using linear regression model and nonlinear regression models.
Reading Material1. Numerical Methods with Applications - Chapter 6
Author: Autar Kaw et al.
Published: May 4, 2010
Course Material1. A Primer on Statistical Terminology for Regression Analysis
2. Introduction to Regression
3. Test Your Knowledge on Background of Regression
4. Physical Problem
Finding a regression model for calculating the contraction of a trunnion immersed in liquid nitrogen.
5. Comparing Nonlinear Regression Models - With and Without Data Linearization
6. On Adequacy of Regression Models
7. Multivariate Least Squares Fitting
8. Examples of Linear Regression
9. Examples of Nonlinear Regression
10. Sample Tests